To Our Dental Family,
We are excited to announce our reopening for all dental care starting today, June 3rd. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same- our commitment to your safety and health. Because this virus is mostly spread by aerosols, this has created a particular challenge for the dental profession. Dentistry has always had some of the strictest sterilization practices of any profession, and our office has always gone above and beyond our industry standards.
During this time, we have spent countless hours researching and purchasing the most state of the art equipment to add layers of protection for you and our team. We hope these additional technologies will help to alleviate any concerns you may have, as we return to daily functions outside of your home. We want to do everything in our power to insure that our office has some of the cleanest air and most sterile environment you will encounter during these times.
OUR COVID-19 SAFETY & TEAM PROTOCOL ADVANCEMENTS
- Our team will be wearing enhanced levels of PPE.
- We have added medical/hospital grade HEPA Air Purifiers that filter 99.7 percent of airborne particles to .1 microns, which is smaller than the virus, without producing ozone in every single room of our office.
- Chairside Aerosol Isolation and Filtration systems to reduce aerosols produced during treatment.
- Hospital Grade Germicidal UV Light Purification Systems to destroy microbes in the air and on surfaces.
- Hospital Grade Fogging with Hypochlorous Acid will be used throughout the office and in treatment rooms between each patient. It is our favorite technology!!!!!
- Aerosol controlling barriers in common areas and in treatment rooms.
- Additional Air Purification units from Aerus Beyond Guardian with ActivePure Certified Space Technology that destroys 99.97% of contaminates in the air and on surfaces. This is the only air purifier on the market that uses an exclusive combination of technologies, including ion generation, better-than-HEPA filter, Photocatalytic Oxidation and their proprietary ActivePure Technology. ActivePure is the only air purification technology in the world granted the Certified Space Technology seal by the Space Foundation.
To better serve and protect you, we have altered our check-in process. Please review the following plan for your appointment:
- Please brush your teeth prior to arriving at your appointment.
- Please wear a mask or face covering, like a scarf or bandana, to your appointment. If you do not have one, you can purchase a mask from our office for $3.
- Please call our office when you arrive in our parking lot and we will give further instructions before we escort you into the building. We will ask screening questions and take your temperature prior to each appointment.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be available before and after each appointment.
- Cell phones can quickly cause cross contamination so we ask that you refrain from using your cell phone once you have sanitized your hands until the end of your appointment.
- Pre-Treatment Mouth rinse will be provided before each appointment.
We ask that you only come to your appointment if you are completely symptom free of any cold, flu, COVID-19, or abdominal flu-like symptoms. Please call to reschedule your appointment if any such symptoms occur prior to your scheduled arrival time. You will not be charged for a cancelation due to illness, as you are doing your part in caring for the whole community. If you have traveled outside the country, please wait 14 days after your return to schedule an appointment with us.
Parents bringing children to their appointments have the option of utilizing the waiting room. We kindly ask that adult patients come to their appointment alone. Our patients requiring additional assistance to navigate into and out of the building may be accompanied by their care-giver. Only patients will be allowed in treatment rooms.
If you have had any change in your dental insurance coverage, please notify us PRIOR to your appointment so that we may verify your new coverage. We would like to handle as many billing and insurance questions over the phone as possible so that we may focus on your dental treatment during your appointment.
We understand that many dental offices have re-opened without making many, if any, changes to their daily protocol. Due to the airborne nature of this virus, we strongly feel these protocols were necessary steps to ensure the highest level of health and safety for all those that enter our doors. These procedures do not set a new standard of care for our dental community at large, but this the standard of care you will receive at our office. Yes, we have totally gone overboard!!!!
If any of you have friends or family members that are concerned about returning to their dental providers for the routine care that is so vital to our overall health, please have them contact our office to discuss our advanced level of protections.
We look forward to seeing you all again and will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe. We can all get through this together. We will see you all soon. Know that when we greet you, we will be smiling underneath our masks!
Be Very Well,
Dr. Tracey Tabor Williams